Invest in your mind, body & spirit
At Philadelphia Integrative Medicine you receive the undivided attention of your integrative provider, and root cause recommendations to help you better understand your body and move forward. You have direct access to our providers for quick conversations between appointments.
New Patient Appointment:
- $650 with Annmarie McManus, Functional Physician Assistant
- $650 with Lauren Houser, Integrative Nurse Practitioner
- $995 with Dr. Georgia Tetlow, Integrative Physician
Individual Follow-up appointments*:
- $300 with Annmarie McManus, Functional Physician Assistant
- $300 with Lauren Houser, Integrative Nurse Practitioner
- $400 with Dr. Georgia Tetlow, Integrative Physician
*Extended follow-up appointments are also available. They are equivalent in time and cost as two follow-up appointments.
Nutrition Appointments (existing patients only):
- $225 Initial 90 minute visit
- $150 follow up 45 minute visit
NEW in 2018! Visit our Membership page to learn about cost-effective appointment packages
Invest in our Collaborative Approach to Integrative Healthcare
We strive to make high quality integrative medicine affordable. We invite you to take part in our Annual Comprehensive Health Membership Program and invest in our Collaborative Approach to Integrative Healthcare
As providers, we are constantly looking for better ways to help our patients reach their personal health goals while maintaining affordability.
Navigating Insurance Reimbursement
How it works:
- Pay in full at the time of your appointment.
- You will be emailed a regular sales receipt from Quickbooks- please keep this for your records. This is NOT what you use for insurance reimbursement.
- A coded receipt, called an Invoice Fulfillment (aka Superbill) will be uploaded to your Power2Patient portal in your "documents" section" that you can send to your insurer. This will include the necessary CPT, ICD10/Diagnosis codes and PIM's Tax ID number.
- If your policy provides coverage, you receive a reimbursement check by mail!
Patients with PPO insurance report 70-80% reimbursement for out-of-network services after your deductible is reached, and HMO reimbursement is less. Many receive even better reimbursement than predicted because our providers are credentialed with most insurers to decrease your out of pocket expense. We see many Medicare and Medicaid patients but unfortunately Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement is not possible at this time.
Insurance companies require a physical exam to submit for reimbursement. If your appointment is not in-office, it is not eligible for reimbursement.
Because each insurance policy is unique, we encourage you to call your insurer to inquire about reimbursement-- please find the list of appointment codes below. You do not need to have an appointment scheduled to check your reimbursement rate.
Questions to ask your insurance company:
- Does my plan provide any out-of-network coverage?
- If so: How many visits are covered during my benefit period? When did my benefit period start? When does it end?
- What is my deductible?
- What is my reimbursement rate for a new patient appointment (see above link for CPT codes)?
- What is my reimbursement rate for a follow up appointment (see above link for CPT codes)?
- Are specific diagnosis codes needed in order for these services to be covered? If so, what are they?
- Do I need a referral for these services? (please note it is your responsibility to receive any referrals prior to your first appointment)
Why We Do Not Accept Insurance
Many people who have contacted our office for services have asked us why we do not bill insurance directly when other medical and chiropractic providers do. We fully understand the financial challenge this presents to some patients, and we wish there were a way for us to bill your insurance company. Unfortunately, at this time, there is not.
Did you know, The average insurance-covered visit with a physician is ONLY 7 minutes!
- Insurance companies are more focused on the conventional model of health that too often relies on drugs and surgery as opposed to preventative and wellness services. When clinics bill health insurance companies directly, the doctors must sign a contract that allows the insurance company to determine which services they will and will not provide and how much they can charge for those services.
- A participating provider must agree to accept the fees the insurance company establishes, regardless of whether the fees are reasonable or applicable to that practice.
- Most doctors and clinics cope with the requirements and costs of being participating providers by keeping their office visits very brief, so that they can see many patients within a given time frame. Unfortunately, we have found that we cannot be “within network" and provide time-intensive, well-researched and expert care.
Medicare and Medicaid Are Not Able to Reimburse You
If you are a Medicare or Medicaid patient and are being treated for a Medicare or Medicaid covered service, all providers are obligated to bill Medicare/Medicaid according to their time frame and billing specifications. PIM is not able to comply because we do not have a conventional billing department. To respect the law, Medicare/Medicaid appointments at PIM address only non-Medicare/Medicaid covered services. As a Medicare/Medicaid patient, you cannot apply for or receive reimbursement from Medicare/Medicaid for your appointments. We are sorry, but this is the best we can do at this time given Medicare/Medicaid guidelines. We are confident that if you try PIM, you will be happy with your care and health outcomes.
Out of respect for our patients' and practitioners' time, please note that we require a 3 calendar days' notice for ALL appointment cancellations. If you do not provide this notice, you will be charged:
- $300 as a cancellation fee for a new patient appointment
- $100 cancellation fee for a follow up appointment.
Note: If you provide 3 calendar days' notice, your deposit will be applied to your rescheduled appointment or refunded (upon request only). A $25 processing fee applies to all refunded deposits.