In addition to conventional labs, we offer validated integrative testing.
Testing may require a saliva, blood, urine or a stool sample. See below for general testing information as well as deatils about specific tests.
General Testing Information
- We do not draw blood in the office, but can help you find a nearby blood draw location.
- If you made a mistake while completing an at-home test and are not sure if you need to redo the test, please contact the testing company directly.
- Different testing companies have different billing policies. If you have a question about billing, please find the testing company below to find contact information.
- We do our best to stay updated on testing companies' current billing policies. However, testing companies can change their billing policies at any time and that is out of our control.
- PIM does not profit from testing. All test payments go directly to the testing company. For receipts for your testing payments, please contact the testing company directly.
- You may receive an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from your insurer. This is not a bill. It is just a notification that your insurance did not cover the full balance, but does not necessarily mean that you will receive a bill for that balance.
- We do not recommend using Flex Spending Accounts to pay for testing, as your copay can be higher.
- For testing companies that offer pre-payment, be sure to include your payment with the kit for the lowest pricing. Companies often charge more if the payment is not included.
- Make sure we have your most updated health care coverage information so we can provide the correct testing prices.
- You will receive a notification once your test results post to the P2P portal. If your results will not be in for your appointment, we will contact you at least 3 days prior to your appointment to notify you.
- Some blood draws are time-sensitive and need to be done on certain days and/or times so the draw site can ship the specimen to the lab on time. If you have a LabCorp or Quest requisition, any time-sensitive draw information is right on the requisition. For other labs, please contact the draw site directly for details.
More lab turnaround times are listed on the testing pages below.
Details About Specific Tests
For more information on your test, including who to contact with questions, billing, draw locations (if applicable), turn around times, and more, please click on our most commonly used testing companies below.
- Diagnostic Solutions
- Doctor’s Data
- Great Plains Laboratory
Don't see your testing company listed? Still have questions? Contact us.