Using Diet to Reduce Your Cancer Risk
While no diet can guarantee a "cancer-free" life, scientific research is definitely beginning to shine a light on certain dietary habits that can tip the odds in the patient's favor.
- Reduce saturated fat, avoid trans fats, increase consumption of fish. Heart healthy - prostate healthy.
- Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, especially dark red grapes, leafy dark-green vegetables, tomatoes (especially tomato sauce and paste), and cruciferous vegetables.
- Learn to cook with herbs and spices, such as garlic and turmeric, adding both flavor and cancer fighting phytonutrients to foods.
- Drink pomegranate juice, dark grape juice, green tea and/or red wine regularly.
- Use more olive oil and cut back on butter. Do not take flax seed oil, flaxseeds are fine.
- Maintain a healthy weight.